May 28, 2009

Thinking With Thinkpads...

Everywhere you go, remember to keep your power adapter and water bottle...

I can't believe that it is already 1 month since I've started work at my new place. Before I knew it, it was time for the RBA (Royal Blue Ambassador) to make a call on us to find out how we are fitting into our new roles and work environment.

Yes, in the picture above, you'll see a lot of ThinkPads or TPs as we fondly call them. (^.^)

When I took that picture, we were stuck in the same room for about 2 days figuring out our direction. I have to admit that MR4 is like our 2nd home. Kekeke... Yes, we were doing a lot of "thinking" with them TPs.

It has been a while since I've worked in a client site and so, to adjust from having a desk of my own to being a mobile worker took a bit of time to adapt to it. In my 1st job, I was a mobile worker for 2 yrs but when I head back to the office, I always had a place. This time round, when I head back to HQ, I'll also be hot-desking.

My colleagues are great. We all understand that we'll be working together for a long time and so, we're adapting to each others working styles. I enjoy the camaraderie and teamwork. I've been "profiled" as a Rabbit - i.e. loved by all but tends to move too fast.

I'm also a workaholic. I'm the one who will still continue to work even though I'm sick because I've been brought up that if you can still move around - eat, sleep, shit, walk, talk; hence you can go to school/work. So, even though I'm feeling sick now with this cough; I won't stay home. If I do need to stay home, I'll still work.

Well, falling sick just 4 days into work has taught me the lesson to not take things too hard. Besides that, my colleagues now INSIST that I stay away should I feel sick. Makes sense right?

9 comments:

  1. wahliow, u r such a dedicated and workaholic staff...wahliow....u all cramp into a meeting room....is worse than level 3A where all those consultants sit at.

    i heard that when ibm conquered level 6, lots of complaints esp on the cleaniness....

    ReplyDelete
  2. if Rabbit is to love by all but moved fast, then what is Mouse to?
    ^.^ I love mice. :D Especially white ones :P

    My company using ThinkPads too~! ^.^ Your working conditions are similar to ours! http://roadblogg.blogspot.com/2009/03/life-as-auditor.html Kekeke... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:09 am

    you must like your job alot.. haha..
    all the best.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Via, Shinky, Ken,

    vialentino - Thank goodness it was for 2 days. If longer than that, we might all kill each other... I was on 6th floor for a couple of weeks. I kept it clean as a whistle but some people still not happy that we put 1 cup on the table.

    Shinky - You working with either the K or P or E? :P.. If you're using TP, you must be from the P** audit co, rite?

    kenwooi.com - I have to like what I do or else I won't be able to get up to go to work everyday... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I thought I leave the redirect URL there you won't have to ask that question d... :P

    But I'm not working anywhere in your list :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't indulge into your work too much. See? You coughing liao. Take care of health first ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha.....cause ibmers create a bad impression to mxs mgmnt team at lvl 6....i know who is the housekeeper which complaint bout ibm.....no worries....got the kakak lady to maintain the cleanliness there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shinky, Che-Cheh, Via,

    Shinky - Haha.. Ok ok.. Let me go n visit one day...

    Che-Cheh - Not that I want to but we seem to be in crisis mode these days...

    vialentino - Hahaha.. I know whom you are talking about. I was only there for 2 weeks and then decide to move down to 5th floor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you guys are a bunch or workaholices alright! Second home? Hmm....

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your comments. However, take note that your comments may be edited or deleted as seen fit by the author of this blog.

Take note that the author of this blog may not be held responsible for the comments which may be insensitive, vulgar or controversial.

Related Posts with Thumbnails