The recipe is very simple, the ingredients are as follows:
- Pasta Fusilli (spiral pasta) - portion for 2
- 2 chicken frankfurters chopped
- 4 pieces of back Bacon diced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Oregano (optional)
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Presto's Tomato & Mushroom Sauce
- Olive oil - A Must!!!
The steps are as follows:
- Boil some water with salt. Once the water comes to a boil, drop your pasta in.
- In a hot pan of medium heat, pour the olive oil and fry up the chopped garlic and onions.
- When the garlic and onions start to brown, stir in the chopped bacon and sausages.
- When the ingredients have been cooked well, pour in the sauce and stir well. Let it simmer for a while before adding crushed black pepper, oregano(optional) and salt to taste. I usually do not add in extra salt since my pasta has been cooked in salted boiling water and that should have enough flavour.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce.
- Stir well and serve with Parmesan cheese and some chopped parsley.
Variations could include adding a touch of cream or Cream of Chicken Soup from Campbell, shave on some cheese and putting it into the oven to make it a pasta bake.
Anyway, here's a look of the yummy stuff I cooked this afternoon. (^.^)
Kekeke, by the way, the yellow stuff on top is the Parmesan cheese. I would recommend getting the better stuff other than usual Kraft Parmesan cheese as it doesn't smell as bad but tastes great!!