February 09, 2009

Yr of The Ox Celebrations - Part 1

I know I've not blogged in ages as I've been very busy with work in the last few weeks.

However, I managed to squeeze in some time to have some sense of Chinese New Year celebrations despite being so busy. (^.^)

This year, my youngest aunt decided to host the CNY Reunion dinner. She suggested that it should be pot-luck in nature, where everyone brings a little something. My mom cooked the steamed chicken and acar (pickled vegetables).

Photobucket

The spread this year was just fantastic!! There was so much food around the table that we couldn't finish it. Plenty of leftovers for tomorrow's brunch. Kekekeke...

Photobucket

One of my favourite dishes which I look forward to every year is the Sweet and Sour Pigs Trotters, i.e. 猪脚酸

Photobucket

My mom's steamed chicken was absolutely divine. The garlic soya sauce dip which accompanied the dish suited the soft, delicate meat... Yuummm...

Anyway, for dessert, one of my aunts brought Konyaku jelly, which had fruits as a filling.

Photobucket

After dinner, there was the usual Karaoke session which my relatives are so very fond of. I would have to say that my uncle has improved his technique, while my Dad really needs more practice. LOL!!

Photobucket

It was a great night of feasting and merry-making. Although I rushed home to continue my work (late into the night.. :-( ), spending time with relatives certainly lifted my spirits then.

This has to be a short post as my next post will be about the CNY day visit and fun I had with my friends.

It's already Chap Goh Mei... So, Happy Chap Goh Mei to all!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:08 pm

    Sweet and Sour Pigs Trotters -> I very much dislike the taste. :P

    Potluck is great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah! The fiid look very very yummy! Feel very hungry now! The pork leg is my fav but this year not pork leg!:( GF say I am too big ( actually she meant FAT ) already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Chap Goh Mei to you, Angie! Must be a really fun time with karaoke and all those food! Too bad you have to rush back home to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Chap Goh Meh to you and your family! War...pig trotters! Sound delicious. You guys sing karaoke...got police come onot? =) Anyway all the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Che-Cheh, Horny, foong, tekkaus,

    @Che-Cheh - Awwww... The soup can be quite nice. ;-)

    @Hor ny Ang Moh - Hahahahaa... Time to diet-lo.

    @Tekkaus - Hahahaa.. No police came because my uncle has put up sound barrier in the house.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your comments. However, take note that your comments may be edited or deleted as seen fit by the author of this blog.

Take note that the author of this blog may not be held responsible for the comments which may be insensitive, vulgar or controversial.

Related Posts with Thumbnails