July 10, 2010

Fusion Japanese & Italian @ Pasta Zanmai, Empire Subang

It's ashamed that Japan never met Italy in the World Cup this year. However, you can always try a mesh of these two countries at Pasta Zanmai.

IMG_6424_

Empire Subang is fast becoming a very popular spot for us locals around Subang Jaya, Sunway & USJ. The lower ground floor is dedicated to food and it is home to a couple of big restaurant franchises - Chilli's, Italiannies and Rakuzen.


I've eaten at Pasta Zanmai previously and am really a big fan of their salad which is dressed with a very tangy and smokey sesame seed dressing. This time around, although I did order the salad but we finished it up right before I could take a photo of it. (^^)

IMG_6429_

I ordered one of my favourite dishes - the Japanese style hamburgers which tends to be a lot more juicy and has a very rich beef flavour. The lean to fat ratio of the minced beef is a lot lower and so, that makes the burger very tender. The sauce goes exceptionally well with white rice. In short, this is comfort food.

IMG_6432_

Since we were at a fusion restaurant, I suggested that we try a fusion pizza - Chicken Teriyaki with Onsen Tamago and shredded seaweed. I love thin crust pizza and so, I found it delicious since the focus was on the ingredients and not the pizza bread.

As for dessert, we couldn't help but order a helping of Goma ice-cream to share. Goma which is sesame seed has a very rich nutty flavour which can give a slight savoury feeling.

IMG_6434_

It was a satisfying meal indeed. Well, even if both countries didn't make it through to the World Cup 2010 finals, in the world of cuisine, both are winners to me!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:00 pm

    They have a branch in MidValley. But I have yet to try out the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked pass this restaurant the other day. Not sure good or not. But I will definitely try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me loves Pasta Zanmai.

    A lot.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your comments. However, take note that your comments may be edited or deleted as seen fit by the author of this blog.

Take note that the author of this blog may not be held responsible for the comments which may be insensitive, vulgar or controversial.

Related Posts with Thumbnails