Anyway, this recipe was an idea originated from my Mom who heard from her colleague about an alternative method of preparing quick-cooking oats. Here's the quick recipe:
- Quick cooking oats (as much as you can eat)
- 1 to 1.5 glass of room-temperature water
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of breakfast muesli or cereal
- 1 whole fruit (banana or orange or apple or... your liking)
Preparation Method (The night before)
- Take a large bowl and place the oats in it.
- Place the 1/4 cup raisins in the bowl with the oats.
- Add the water.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- Once the oats are left to soak overnight, the oats will soften and the raisins have also absorbed some of the water as well, making it quite "juicy".
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your liking, i.e. sunflower seeds, breakfast cereal, and fruits.
- Mix well and enjoy!
Anyway, if you're curious about how it looks like, have a look at the picture I took below!