August 05, 2009

Multi-tasking

Dilbert.com

This is the danger I may run into. Even though I may be on holiday, I'm afraid that I may be multi-tasking then. Grrrr...

Anyway, to continue from my previous post, do you think it is annoying that you're "multi-tasking" when you're in a meeting/conference call?

When everyone brings in a laptop and connect to the network via WiFi, we tend to be checking/reading/replying e-mails, writing up documents, taking down meeting minutes/notes, surfing for the best restaurant to eat this weekend/shop for stuff/read the latest news feed about Malaysian drama politics all in one breath.. while we are listening "intently" to someone...

What was it you were saying?

Kekeke... (This post was written AFTER a meeting... not during one..)

4 comments:

  1. Not annoying as long as you look cool and listen. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe we should respect our leader who is chairing the meeting. This is also called professionalism. During a meeting we should not be doing other stuff. That is of course my opinion only lar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, if it is a training, then I will feel annoying.
    But if it is a conference call or meeting between internal or overseas users, I will geel it is ok as sometimes we need to use laptop to send files and read documents.

    keeyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,

    Che-Cheh - Yep... And you can answer questions when people ask you..

    Tekkaus - I agree. Sometimes, we can't help it because we have a lot of work to do at the same time... That's why when I attend an important meeting, I'll bring a notepad instead of laptop to take notes. Because you may need to put 100% attention on it.

    wong - Yeah but sometimes I find some folks can't cope. They are too busy chatting with a friend online. Females can multitask better than males? Not sure about that...'coz I've met guys who can do a lot of stuff at once - code, chat & participate in a meeting at once. Some gals are also not so good at multitasking.. Ask them to take notes while participating/presenting and they can't do it too..

    keeyit - Oh yeah... That's why training centres block the internet access. Heheh.. Yeah, use the laptop for proper use during meetings, not for other matters, right?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your comments. However, take note that your comments may be edited or deleted as seen fit by the author of this blog.

Take note that the author of this blog may not be held responsible for the comments which may be insensitive, vulgar or controversial.

Related Posts with Thumbnails